News and Articles about Dr. Hoge and topics in his book
– TEDx Talk Transitioning Home from Combat, LaJolla, CA, 2014.
– Dr. Hoge was featured in the documentary film, Halfway Home. See www.halfwayhomethemovie.com for further information.
– Listen to Dr. Hoge’s Radio Interview on NPRs On Point. Bringing the War Back Home
– Newsweek article with quotes from Dr. Hoge – The Warrior’s Brain. November 8th, 2010 by Andrew Bast
– BlogRadio Interview – www.YouServed.com, April 29, 2010 with host CJ Grisham
– “Dr. Radio” with Dr. Carol Bernstein – March 3, 2010, Sirius/XM Radio
Download Articles Written by Dr. Hoge
– Dr. Hoge’s Senate Congressional Testimony, November 30, 2011. Senate Veterans Affairs Committee
– VVA Veteran Magazine, “The Paradox of PTSD.”
– PBS’s ‘This Emotional Life’: Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior. Memorial Day Guest Blog Entry on The Huffington Post
– 2011 JAMA editorial: “Interventions for War-Related PTSD: Meeting Veterans Where They Are.”
– 2004 article on mental health impact of OIF/OEF and stigma, New England J of Medicine Article (nearly 1500 Google Scholar citations)
– 2008 New England J Medicine article on mTBI/concussion (>500 citations, most cited medical article on combat-related mTBI)
– 2009 perspective by Hoge, Goldberg, and Castro on mTBI/concussion care, New England J Medicine
– Article on combat-related grief and physical health problems
– JAMA and Lancet Psychiatry Viewpoints on Suicide prevention and treatment: Preventing Suicides in US Service Members and Veterans (JAMA). Commentary in Lancet Psychiatry
– JAMA Psychiatry 2014 commentary on TBI and PTSD treatment
Keynote Talks by Dr. Hoge Related to Once a Warrior — Always a Warrior
– Vet Center Readjustment Counseling National Training, Reno, NV, May 3, 2010.
– Coalition of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans. Keynote with Lee Woodruff, Washington D.C., May 11, 2010.
– International Festival of Arts and Ideas: Return from the war zone – Reintegrating Soldiers, Sharing Experiences, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, June 21, 2010.
– Washington State Department of Veteran Affairs Training Conference. Seattle, WA, September 29, 2010.
– King County Trauma Training Conference, Serving Returning Veterans, Seattle WA, October 27-29, 2010
– Welcome Back Warriors. Regional Florida Conference, Florida BRAIVE fund, Ft. Lauderdale, February 9, 2011
– Memorial Health Behavioral Health Symposium on PTSD. Savannah, GA, February 11, 2011
– Menninger Clinic and St. Thomas University, From Combat to Community: Meeting the Behavioral Health Needs of Returning Veterans and Their Families, St. Thomas University, Houston, TX, February 18, 2011
– Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Investing in Employees with Disabilities Conference, Plenary talk on same program with Ted Kennedy, Jr. Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland, October 26, 2011
– George Washington University, Veterans Awareness Week, November 10, 2011
– Montana State University, Collaborating to Create Successful Transitions for Veterans, Billings, Montana, November 15, 2011
– Sunshine from Darkness 15th Annual Symposium: Coping with Trauma and PTSD: Journey to Wellness. On program with Patrick Kennedy and documentary screening of film Halfway Home by Paul Freeman. Sarasota, FL, January 14, 2012.
– Boise State University. Supporting Veterans Transition back into the Community. February 28, 2012.
– Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL. Distinguished Lecture Series. March 21, 2012.
– Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association and Florida Council for Community Mental Health Annual Conference, Orlando FL, August 8, 2012.
– University of Maryland and Baltimore VA Medical Center. Psychiatry Grand Rounds. September 27, 2012.
– University of Alaska, Anchorage, November 8, 2012.
– Warrior Salute, Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY, October 2, 2013.
– Central Texas Family Violence Task Force, 5th Annual Conference, Austin, TX, October 17, 2013.
– Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Psychiatry Grand Rounds, October 23, 2013.
– University of California, Santa Barbara, November 21, 2013.
– University of Southern California, February 19, 2014
– University of Maryland, School of Social Work, May 2014
– University of South Florida, August 10, 2014
– University of Alabama, Service Member to Civilian Summit, December 2, 2014
– 18th Australian Conference on Traumatic Stress, September 11 and September 13, 2014
– Reveille Symposium, Tampa, FL, October 2, 2015
– St. Bonaventure University, Military in our Communities, October 16, 2015
– EMDRIA Annual Conference, August 28, 2016
– Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research, Vancouver, CA, November 21, 2016